You think you’ve had pasta sauce before….
- 12 to 20 ounces penne pasta, cooked to al dente
- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 6 To 12 cloves garlic, minced [to your own taste]
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup tarragon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups 1% or 2% milk
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 fresh chopped parsley, plus some for garnish
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- OPTIONAL – broccoli can be added with the chicken in small chunks
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil; low to medium heat.
- Add chicken and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside with the pasta.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melt
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and Italian seasoning cook for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Stir in the ¼ teaspoon of tarragon and if needed add more to taste.
- Whisk in milk, chicken broth; simmer for several minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Toss the cooked pasta and chicken with the sauce to coat.
- Then stir in remaining Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley.
- Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve Immediately & ENJOY!
DON’T BE AFRAID TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX; for example, substitute Barbequed Honey Glazed Chicken or Honey Glazed Halibut to add a different twist to this recipe. Can be sweetened up with Maple Syrup to taste. Add Snow Peas to the mix.
Can be served with either a nice cold White Wine such as Bin 222 for a lovely smokey flavour, Pinot Grigio or a nice Red Malbec. Create your own non-flavoured or flavoured sparkling water for a different treat.